Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Revolutionary



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is so good! I was absolutely mesmerized by this story, drawn into its grasp, and unable to rest until I discovered the conclusion. T his book far exceeds the second book in this series. I loved that the main focus of this story wasn't "who is Thalli going to fall in love with". That was included, but not in an overbearing way. One cannot help but observe the similarities between this series and "The Hunger Games", (Although much less so in this book ) and I can honestly say that I prefer this series for several reasons. One, Thalli is a real hero. She is willing to sacrifice herself for those she loves, and is always thinking of others. Katniss, on the other hand is usually looking out for herself and will do whatever she has to to stay alive. Secondly, though evil and tyranny are clearly depicted, it is not as dark as "The Hunger Games." Thirdly, I love how The Designer is an important part of the characters lives, and He is always in charge no matter how grim the situation. And the plot was very surprising, at times. I never saw that coming! Great book, and a great series. The only downside is that now I'm sad that it's over.




3 comments: