Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Garden Gate

I absolutely could not get into this story. I didn't read the other three books in this series prior to reading this one, but I had a very hard time understanding the context of this story. Also, there were several things about this book that I did not like at all. First of all, I was quite shocked that in one place a character actually used the word "p***ed", and in another place a character said " What the..." although the sentence wasn't finished you get the picture. Secondly, I thought it was pretty dumb that some of the angels in the story used cell phones "just to fit in".
And finally, I thought some of this story was rather irreverent towards God. For example, in one place an angel is talking about the nickname he uses for The Holy Spirit. Writing or speaking about God should only be done very reverently and respectfully, and I think this book fell far short. In fact, I couldn't even finish reading this book. I definitely do not plan to read the rest of this series!
I received a free copy of this book through book look bloggers in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment