Saturday, February 1, 2014

Like Moonlight at Low Tide

Like Moonlight at Low Tide: Sometimes the Current Is the Only Thing that Saves You by Nicole Quigley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



"This is not a story about suicide. But you should know that when I was seventeen, the only boy who ever called me by my full name took his own life...Nothing else I do for the rest of my life will ever be able to change this fact. This story is actually about three boys. One who loved me. One who couldn't. And one who didn't know how."

Missy Kaiser has been bullied and teased all through school. Now when she returns to high school Sam King, whom Missy has dreamed about dating for years, starts to show her attention. Everything seems perfect for Missy, but her next door neighbor, Josh, always seems to be interfering. To make matters worse, her home life is in shambles; and it seems that Missy is doomed to a superficial life devoid of love. Then Missy learns that there is a God Who loves her, and will forgive her past if only she will let Him. But can she let go of her pain and trust Him?

   This was an exceptional book, especially for a debut novel. It powerfully expresses the heart-break and emotional trauma that bullying causes. It was a very vivid look into what so many people suffer on a daily basis. The story itself was gripping, very hard to put down. I would recommend this as a good book for 15 and over, as it contains some things that may not be appropriate for younger audiences.
   I received a free copy of this book from Booksneeze in exchange for my honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment