Monday, February 10, 2014

Echoes of Mercy


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


 Caroline Lang is an undercover agent investigating a suspicious death in the world famous Dinsmore's Chocolate Factory. Ollie Moore is also an undercover agent, but he is the son of the factory's owner and is investigating the working conditions of the factory. Soon Caroline and Ollie discover that they are on opposite sides of child labor issues, but can they form an alliance against an even greater evil ?
   This book was ok, but it didn't really speak to me at all. It seemed to me that the book was shallow in some way. I thought the suspense and the plot were under developed, and the emotions and romance seemed kind of hurried and insincere.
   It's not that I disliked the book, but I just couldn't get into it. If you like historical romance, you may enjoy this. It seems I am the odd one out on this book, it gets a lot of 4 and 5 stars reviews. So, I think a lot of you actually will enjoy it.
  I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Press in exchange for my honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment