Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione by Chuck Black

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 I was really dragging my feet to start on this book. After all, it sounded to me like a cute kid's story about knights and dragons and while that may be nice for youngsters, I could use a bit more depth. But,was I ever wrong! While I could recommend this to any young reader that I know, I could also recommend this to any adult that I know. This was a very well written and entertaining book, but it is so much more than that. The symbolism and allegory are not painfully obvious as some books that I have read are, yet they are clear enough that even young children will understand. And by the end of the book, my own walk with God was challenged and a fresh longing was stirred for "The Prince". You can't go wrong with this one, highly recommend to anyone!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment