Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Tale Of Two Cities

A Tale of Two CitiesA Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


  Wow! This book is a masterpiece. The political intrigue of the French Revolution combined with the emotional drama of Dickens story telling make this story irresistible. I actually could not put this book down, I found it to be a little easier to read than most of Dickens works, and the story and characters are amazing. I believe this is the best Dickens book that I have read to date. It has everything you could want in a great story; love, war, revenge, peace, mercy, and sacrifice. And the characters! A doctor unjustly imprisoned and driven to the brink of insanity, a ragged good-for-nothing man inspired to heroism, a brave young man who forsakes the corruption of his family, an evil woman who knits the names of her enemies into a register, just to name a few of the colorful characters in this story. This is very emotionally driven; by the end you will want to cry your eyes out, and want to read it all over again. Oh, did I forget to mention? I LOVED THIS BOOK!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment