Friday, November 22, 2013

Merlin's Blade

Merlin's Blade (The Merlin Spiral, #1)Merlin's Blade by Robert Treskillard

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 When a meteorite crashes near a small village in fifth-century Britain, it brings with it a mysterious black stone that bewitches anyone who comes in contact with its glow---a power the druids hope to use to destroy King Uthur's kingdom. The only person who seems immune is a young, shy, half-blind swordsmith's son named Merlin.
As his family, village, and even the young Arthur, are placed in danger, Merlin must face his fears and his blindness to take hold of the role ordained for him. But when he is surrounded by adversaries, how will he save the girl he cherishes and rid Britain of this deadly evil ... without losing his life?

   This was a great book. I was a little nervous about it from the start as it is considered juvenile fiction. But it was very well written and engaging, and I thought the story was a really creative spin off the traditional King Arthur stories. I would recommend this book for 12 years and up, not that there was any objectionable content, but with over 400 pages it may not hold the interest of younger ones. And the cover! Wow, the cover is like ten stars on a scale of one to ten! I am so excited to read book two!
  I received a free copy of this book through booksneeze in exchange for my honest review. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment