Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Burning Sky

Burning Sky: A Novel of the American FrontierBurning Sky: A Novel of the American Frontier by Lori Benton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 "Burning Sky" was captured by Mohawk Indians when she was a child. when she finally leaves the tribe many years later, she dreams of returning home to her family and farm. But when she arrives at home, she finds a wounded Scotsman lying on the property and no trace of her family can be seen. She decides to help the injured man while trying to clean up the land so that she can farm it. But someone desperately wants the land, and they will stop at absolutely nothing to possess it.
  This was a very well written book. It was very suspenseful and kept me reading to the last page. It was a very good story, if a bit more romance than I care for, but still it was very enjoyable. I must warn you that this book is intended for a more mature audience ( I would recommend 16 and up), there is nothing just extremely graphic in this book, but the author does not sugar-coat frontier life. The main concern that I address here is an attempted rape. It was not a vivid, overly developed scene but you clearly get the picture of what is going on.
Overall, this is a good book. If you are interested in life on the frontier, or even just historical romance, you may enjoy this book.
  I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment