Monday, August 5, 2013

All For a song

All for a SongAll for a Song by Allison Pittman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


 Dorothy Lynn Dunbar is a backwoods girl from a small town about to be married to a handsome young preacher. But she has a secret discontent, and desire to see more of the world. So shortly before her wedding, Dorothy ventures out to the big city where she meets a charismatic woman preacher and nearly finds herself swept off her feet by a dashing, but worldly man. Can Dorothy hold on to her innocence in a world with no standards?
   This book confused me a little bit. In some ways, it was very interesting. But I never really understood where the author stood on the issues addressed in the book. For example, I could not figure out if the author was against the flappers, or if she just thought that Dorothy should stay with her fiance.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment