Friday, July 12, 2013

Trouble in Store

Trouble in StoreTrouble in Store by Carol Cox

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


  When Melanie Ross is fired from her position as a governess, she travels west to Arizona to work in her uncle's mercantile. But when she arrives, she discovers that her uncle is deceased and a young man named Caleb who believes he also has a claim on the mercantile is running things. Things get off to a bad start when Melanie insists that she owns half the mercantile, and Caleb makes no bones about the fact that he does not want her around. Things go from bad to worse when a stranger is found dead at the door of the mercantile, and no one knows who he is or why anyone would want to kill him. Melanie and Caleb must work together to save their business and discover what lies behind the mysterious happenings in the town.
  This book started off really slow for me. I thought the story seemed hurried and unrealistic, especially in the beginning. By the end, the mystery was intriguing enough to keep me reading and I even enjoyed it. Overall, this is not one of my favorite books, but if you enjoy romance with a little mystery on the side, this is a good book.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment