Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tangled Ashes

Tangled AshesTangled Ashes by Michèle Phoenix

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 Marshall Becker is working on the project of a lifetime, restoring an old castle for a wealthy client. But while Marshall is fighting his own inner demons, strange things are happening at the castle site. Who is the night prowler on the premises, why is someone vandalizing Marshalls hard work?
   This was a really good book. It actually started out just a little bit slow, but it really drew me in as the story progressed. I thought it was fascinating how the history of the house and some of the characters is woven into the story, particularly since that history involves WWll and Nazi occupation of a French chateau. I also thought Marshall's struggle to be free from alcohol was very realistic and the author did a fantastic job of letting us see the emotions and turmoil that he was facing. And the final resolution of the "mystery" was really good too. I would recommend this to a friend!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment