Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Widow Of Gettysburg

Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines: Civil War #2)Widow of Gettysburg by Jocelyn Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 Liberty Holloway is a young widow trying to find the pieces to her life. But when her farm is confiscated by the Confederate army to use as a hospital, Liberty has some difficult decisions to make. Are the men in gray her enemies, or are they simply human beings that need her help?
   This was a good book, but I got a little bored with it since it seemed so similar in many ways to the first book in the series "Wedded to War". But I would recommend it to a friend, though I advise a word of caution if you have a weak stomach as some of the wounds described can be a bit gut-wrenching.
  Overall, it is a touching story of sacrifice and  courage that really made me think about how blessed I really am.
  I received a free e-copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for my honest review.  



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment