Friday, April 12, 2013

Greenwood and Archer

Greenwood and Archer: After The RiotGreenwood and Archer: After The Riot by Marlene Banks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Although the Tulsa race riots are over, the troubles of the Greenwood district are not. Racial tensions are high, but when mobster Guiseppe Carissi comes to town whites and blacks alike must join forces to prevent the gang from taking over their city.
  This is not one of my favorite books. While I did learn a few things about this time in history, I found the story a bit hard to follow and boring. I think this was due partly to the fact that there is no main character in the story, instead you are tossed from person to person to person.
  I must say I am rather disappointed in this book. It sounded so intriguing, and the cover is simply stunning with it's matte finish and raised letters. Unfortunately, the story itself does not compare with the cover.
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment