Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wedded To War

Wedded to War (Heroines Behind the Line, #1)Wedded to War by Jocelyn Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


 Charlotte Waverly was privileged and beautiful. She had everything she could wish for; a nice home, a loving family, and a dashing suitor. But when the Civil War breaks out, Charlotte cannot just sit back and let her country-men suffer and die. She makes the very unpopular decision to become a "lady- nurse", and must fight desperately for the privilege to serve God, her country, and her fellow man.
   This was such a good book! It really opened my eyes to the tragedy and horror of this time era; both for the men who fought and died, and  for the women who were left behind unprotected and unprovided for. This story really broke my heart as I saw these people endure so much more than I can even comprehend.
    I strongly recommend this book to my friends; however, be forewarned that it contains some very disturbing scenes and in movie ratings would be at least PG-13.
   I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment