Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So Shines The Night

So Shines the NightSo Shines the Night by Tracy L. Higley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


  Haunted and afraid of the evil that she has witnessed, Daria flees to Ephesus with a merchant named Lucas. But even in Ephesus, the evil from which she has fled dogs her steps. As Lucas begins to consort with sorcerers to assuage his own troubled soul, Daria seeks refuge with the apostle Paul and a little band of Believers. Daria is on a relentless quest for truth, and the truth can be quite shocking at times.
   I was totally captivated with this story! The characters, the plot, and every thing were absolutely gripping. Tracey Higley has done a masterful job of creating a very believable and insightful look at life in this dark period of history. The thought that came to my mind while reading this book was, "They that sat in darkness saw great light." This story was a beautiful illustration of the darkness of evil contrasted with the liberating Light of Jesus Christ.
   This is a very unique reading experience, I have never read anything else from such a perspective.
This is the first of Tracey Higley's books that I read,but I certainly want to read more! This book definitely makes it to my " to be re-read" list!

I received a free copy of this book through Book Sneeze in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this book and all of Tracy's books! I've read Pompeii and Petra and loved them both.

    Great review Brittany. :)

    ReplyDelete