Friday, February 1, 2013

Journeys Across Niagara

Journeys Across Niagara: The Flute, the Feather, and the DrumJourneys Across Niagara: The Flute, the Feather, and the Drum by D.K. LeVick

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


A group of young boys decide to explore the ice bridge of the frozen Niagara Falls. But the deadly ice formation traps the boys and they must try to escape.
  I actually hated this book. It had a lot of profanity and slang in it, mostly the "a" word, but I don't like books that use bad language, especially Christian books.Christian books ought to be "a cut above" so to speak. I also didn't like that it really had almost nothing to do with God. One of the boys in the story is supposed to be a Christian, but he hangs out with these other kids and doesn't even mind their bad language and coarse jokes.
Besides all of that, I thought it was really boring. I skipped chapters at a time and still didn't miss very much of the story. This is one of the worst books I have ever read, I absolutely cannot recommend it to anyone!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment