Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Yours is the Day, Lord, Yours is the Night

Yours Is the Day, Lord, Yours Is the Night: A Morning and Evening Prayer BookYours Is the Day, Lord, Yours Is the Night: A Morning and Evening Prayer Book by Jeanie Gushee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"The day is Yours, O God, and the night also. In the morning, You renew my strength; in the evening, I find the shelter of Your wing."
This daily prayer book is filled with beautiful short prayers for the evening and morning of each day of the year.
This is a really pretty book. It has a beautiful title, and I liked the nice hardcover binding. It is presented in such a way that it would make a great gift for someone.
I loved some of the poems, or prayers if you will, they are beautifully written and have a great rhythm to them. One of my favorites from this book was written by Nicholas of Flue (1417-1487)
"My Lord and my God, take me from all that keeps me from You. My Lord and my God, grant me all that leads me to You.
My Lord and my God, take me from myself and give me completely to You."
There were perhaps a few "prayers" in this book that I didn't quite agree with, but over all I would recommend this book as a nice inspirational read.

I received a complimentary copy of this title from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment