Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Past Darkness

Past DarknessPast Darkness by Laurel Woiwode

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Gabrielle's world is shattered when both her parents are killed in a car accident. She shuts life out and refuses to love anyone, not even the kind people who have cared for her since her parents died.
      The book started off a little slow, but by the end it was pretty good. It was a really powerful story of family and forgiveness that I loved.
      However, I did have a couple of problems with this book. First of all, there are about 5 swear words in this book. It wasn't totally obscene, but I thought a Christian author should have been more careful. My second problem was simply that I think more emphasis was put on the healing power of music that on God's forgiveness.
         Overall it was a good story. I think that especially if you are deeply touched by music you may be able to relate to this a little better than I did.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment