Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fireflies in December

Fireflies in DecemberFireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Jessilyn Lassiter and her family attract the attention of the local Klu Klux Klan when they take an orphaned black girl into their home. But the family is determined to trust God and do what's right.
      This was a great book. It is actually hard to believe that it is the author's first novel. It is very well written and developed. It contains a vivid picture of the painful years of racial segregation and hatred.
    I could not put this book down. I definitely recommend it to my freinds!



View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading Fireflies in December and taking the time to write this great review! So glad you enjoyed the book! If you continue the series, I hope you enjoy the rest of Jessie and Gemma's story as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I certainly look forwards to finishing the series!

      Delete
  2. I really did enjoy this book as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! http://readitandgeek.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete