Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Stories by Max Lucado

Christmas Stories: Heartwarming Tales of Angels, a Manger, and the Birth of HopeChristmas Stories: Heartwarming Tales of Angels, a Manger, and the Birth of Hope by Max Lucado

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a heartwarming collection of short Christmas stories that reflect the true meaning of Christmas. This book features beautiful stories of love, peace, hope, miracles, angels, mercy, and of course Jesus Christ. Stories such as "The Candle" in which an angels visit and the prayers of the townspeople brings about some Christmas miracles.
This was a really beautiful Christmas book. Lucado writes in a simple heart-felt style that makes his stories so endearing. It took me a little while to warm up to this book, probably since I didn't even start on it until after Christmas, but once I got into it it was so good! I particularly enjoyed the stories"The Christmas Candle" and "Jacob's Gift". I was also pleased to see " The Christmas Child" in this collection; I really enjoyed the movie that was made from that story.
I definitely recommend this book to anyone. It is a cozy, feel-good read that would make a perfect Christmas gift;either for yourself or someone you love.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment