Sunday, January 6, 2013

Be Still My Soul

When Lonnies's father forces her to marry Gideon O'Riley, she is heartbroken and Gideon is angry. Will they find love in the worst of circumstances?
In the beginning, Gideon does not want the responsibility of a family and he is abusive and insensitive. After a kind old man rescues Lonnie from him and allows them to stay with him and his wife, he begins to see how wrong he has been and starts to show signs of change. And Lonnie begins to love him, although she distrusts him.
I think this book reflected pretty well some historical facts. I liked the story pretty well, it's not my favorite, but it's alright. I think Lonnie may have been a little too quick to fall for Gideon after the way he treated her, but then again I guess the author probably didn't want to drag the story on forever and in typical love story fashion they had to come together.
Overall, a descent story. The author does a pretty good job of writing, especially for a debut novel.
I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment