Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Gift of Christmas Present

The Gift of Christmas PresentThe Gift of Christmas Present by Melody Carlson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A young girl learns that she was adopted at birth, and sets out to learn all she can about her blood relatives. She meets her Grandmother, who doesn't know who she is, and begins to meet her "real" family. When the family discovers her identity, she learns a heart-breaking story relating to her birth.
     This was yet another good Christmas story. I thought it was slightly reminiscent of "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. It really wasn't related to that but it did remind me of it. All around, just a good story.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natasha,

    I'm coming over GoodReads.

    I'd like to invite to join this meme - if you like it.

    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-good-bad-and-ugly-1.html

    I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete