Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Long Trail Home

Long Trail HomeLong Trail Home by Vickie McDonough

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A young man returns from the Civil War to find his parents dead and his fiance married to another man. The local blind school allows him to board on their premises, and soon he begins to fall for one of the blind students. But Annie carries a secret that could make him hate her if she tells him. This story tells of the power of love and forgiveness, and that the truth does indeed set you free.
        I really enjoyed this book, but not as much as the first two. It focuses almost entirely on the romance in the story, and I did not think it contained nearly as much historical detail as the others did. It was interesting and held my attention well, but I am not fond of stories that have no other plot other than somebody falling in love. Still, it was a good book, and if you like Christian romance novels, you will probably like this one.


I received a free copy of this book from Moody Press Publishers in exchange for my honest review.
http://mpnewsroom.com/books/long-trai...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment