Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Call of a Coward

Call of a Coward: The God of Moses and the Middle-Class HousewifeCall of a Coward: The God of Moses and the Middle-Class Housewife by Marcia Moston

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


   " The problem with promising God you'll follow Him wherever He leads is that you just might have to go. I suspect it would be easier if you were certain of His calling--like stepping out the door and seeing the lilac bush on fire and hearing a voice commanding you. But when it's your husband who is delivering the message--well, that leaves a little room for wonder.
  At least that's how I felt when my husband rocked my comfortable, middle-class afternoon with his belief that God was calling us to pack up and move to a Mayan village in Guatemala"
      Marcia Moston candidly tells her story of fear, faith, obedience, and sacrifice. I appreciate her constant references of seeking God for guidance, and obeying Him even when it's not what you want. It is nice to observe that although she is a missionary, she isn't some super-Christian who is all but perfect. She struggles with selfishness, stubbornness, and doubt; but she ultimately wants to serve God.
   This is a very good book, I think you will find it inspirational.

           I recieved a complimentary copy of this book through Book Sneeze in exchange for my honest reveiw.




1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Blog...NEW FOLLOWER.


    Stop by if you like to see a post for 99 cent giveaways for today only....not my giveaways. Sponsored by Buy Me Read Me.

    And a post about my 2012 Favorite Books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete