Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Paradise War

The Paradise War (The Song of Albion, #1)The Paradise War by Stephen R. Lawhead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Paradise War is a very well though out and captivating fantasy. It tells of how two Oxford students find themselves transported to the " Otherworld", a world that is ancient but dependent upon the modern world as the modern world depends on it. The ancient Celts put no difference between the real world and the otherworld. And so it is in this story; two separate worlds are delicately intertwined, and both are equally real.
      I pretty much skipped the first 6 chapters because they were peppered with mild profanity, and that bothers me. Some of the violence was a little much for me, but I have a pretty low tolerance level. I think I will skip book 2 and read book 3. I want to see how it ends, but I don't think I want to suffer through all of the warfare in the second book.  



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment