Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Last Alliance

Today I finished painting some of the warriors of the Last Alliance. If you know "The Lord of the Rings", you know about them. If not, you're really missing out. But back to the point. I had a lot of fun painting these tiny little guys. It was a lot of hard work, a lot of stained fingers, and a lot of hours, but still a lot of fun. I used acrylic enamel paint, and a calligraphy pen and occasionally a tiny paint brush for the details. I did not have any skin tone for their faces, so I mixed bright yellow,pale ghost grey, and leather brown. I think it turned out pretty well. The bases were really neat also. I covered them in brown paint and rolled them in dirt for texture, then I glued little pieces of moss to it. Hope you enjoy them!
These miniatures are made by Citadel Miniatures!



5 comments:

  1. Wow excellent job. You must have one heck of a steady hand! Speaking of LOTR, I CANNOT wait for The Hobbit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for the Hobbit either. I have already watched all 3 LOTR movies twice this year, once in extended edition.Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Wow they look great! My friends brother does the same thing and I always thought it required a great lot of patience and talent (neither of which I possess) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the talent part, I think it's mostly just a lot of patience. But I love a good challenge, so I had fun. Thanks for commenting!!!!

      Delete