Friday, November 16, 2012

The Endless Knot

The Endless Knot (The Song of Albion, #3)The Endless Knot by Stephen R. Lawhead

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I honestly did not read all of this book.I read some of the beginning and skipped ahead to see how it ended. First of all, it was boring and unnecessary.  This series only needed the first book. Secondly, it was a little too PG-13 for my liking. There were some very suggestive moments, and one scene went a little beyond that. Also it was kind of um, different. ***Spoiler!!!!* For instance the story is written through the main character's point of view. When he is killed, the story still continues through his point of view.  It is like, "They carried my body to the grave mound. My wife was weeping." I just thought that was weird, although I guess he was only dead in the "otherworld".
    My advice is, read the first book and stop. My sister tells me that the second book is very boring, and she didn't even want to read the last book. I filled her in on the ending, and I think we were glad to be done with these books. This has really ruined my appetite for  anymore Stephen Lawhead books.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. His son, Ross Lawhead wrote the book The Realms Thereunder and it was very boring and had very WEIRD time warp/perspectives as well. I wasn't impressed

    ReplyDelete