Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Count Of Monte Cristo

The Count of Monte CristoThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Edmond Dantes, at only 19 years old, has the world by the tail. He has a beautiful fiance, and is soon to be
Captain of a merchant ship. What he doesn't know, however, is that he has enemies who, blinded by greed and envy, are seeking to destroy him. On the morning of his wedding he is arrested for a crime he did not do and is sent to prison. While in prison, he discovers who has betrayed him and vows his revenge. After 14 long years, he finally escapes. And Edmond,now the "Count of Monte Cristo" sets out to repay his enemies!
    This book was extremely well written and engaging. And especially towards the end, I could not put it down. The Count of Monte Cristo is a fascinating character. He is so mysterious and no one seems to know who he really is. The supporting characters were also very good.
    This book also contains an excellent lesson. Edmond sets about his revenge feeling that God is on his side and is using him to bring about justice. In the end though,he is crushed and broken when he realizes what he has done."'Fool that I am,'said he' that I did no tear my heart out on the day that I vowed my revenge.'"



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment