Friday, November 23, 2012

Oliver Twist

 Oliver Twist is the heart-rending story of an orphan who has been unloved and mistreated all his life. He falls into the hands of an evil band of thieves who  try to force him into a life of crime.
         I really liked this story. It captured my emotion and sympathy as few books ever have. I know now why it is called a classic. The characters seem so real; the struggles of some will break your heart, the villainy of others will anger you. It shows us the dark, evil hearts of mankind contrasted against the pure, innocent heart of a child and the effect that a little goodness can have on an evil world.
         I was also very impressed with the presentation of this audio book. Everything about it is beautiful, from the box to the discs themselves. And the dramatization is excellent, I almost felt as if I were watching a movie as I listened to this! I would definitely recommend this product. It will make a lovely gift, either for yourself or someone you love.
     I would like to give a special "Thank You" to Tyndale House Publishers for providing me with a complimentary copy of this audio book in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment