Thursday, November 8, 2012

By the Light of the Silvery Moon

By the Light of the Silvery MoonBy the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have read Tricia Goyer's WW ll fiction and loved it. However, I was sadly disappointed with this book. It was interesting and entertaining, but also unrealistic and unbelievable. **************SPOILER ALERT!!!!************************************************************
     Amelia Gladstone is traveling to America on the Titanic to meet a man who has paid for her passage. They are not officially engaged,but they are thinking of marriage. On the Titanic,  over the course of about 4 days, Amelia starts falling for 2 other guys and has already made up her mind by the end of the voyage. First of all, I thought Amelia should have been more loyal to the first man. Secondly, falling in love in only 4 days seems kind of far out. Finally, one of the men Amelia likes is not a Christian at first and I thought it should at least have been mentioned that she wouldn't marry an unbeliever.
     Then there is the painfully obvious "Prodigal Son" element here. Now don't get me wrong, I love The Bible. But a couple of the characters use Scriptural speech as a common way of speech in places. For instance, a man is reunited with his estranged father and the first thing he says to him is" Father, I have sinned against Heaven and against you. I am no more worthy to be called your son." Really? Would anybody really say it that way?
Anyway, I definitely liked Tricia Goyer's WW ll fiction much better!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment