Monday, October 29, 2012

Prelude to Glory, The Times That Try Men's Souls

Prelude to Glory, Vol. 2: Times That Try Men's SoulsPrelude to Glory, Vol. 2: Times That Try Men's Souls by Ron Carter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


If I was judging this book because of it's beautiful cover or gorgeous title, it would be 5 stars. But I can't say the same for the writing. First of all, I don't agree with Carter's religious view all the time but that's ok that doesn't effect how I rate the book. This book was not nearly as interesting as the first book, and there are way too many details in it which make it a little boring. On the bright side, there are a lot of interesting historical details, and a surging sense of patriotism throughout the book. I still hope to finish the series eventually, so far they are still worth reading even though I don't think they will make it to my favorites.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment